4.27.2008

Miss Northern Samar in Bb. Pilipinas 2008 Beauty Pageant

Agatha Fontanilla
Agatha Fontanilla
Agatha Fontanilla represented Northern Samar in the Bb. Pilipinas 2008 Beauty Pageant where Janina San Miguel won as Bb. Pilipinas-World to represent the Philippines in the Miss World pageant. Of course, we all know what Janina San Miguel has done to the English languange,lol..Agatha Fontanilla is said to be a former Miss UEP as well.

And unlike Janina San Miguel, Agatha Fontanilla is a freshman medical student at FEU-NRMF (Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation). And when asked why did you join Bb. Pilipinas? Agatha replied, “To fulfill my childhood dream” “I don’t expect to win. I just came here to prove to others that it can be done despite a very hectic medical school schedule.”

“The experience will make a good story to tell to my grandkids. I will be very proud to tell them about my Bb. Pilipinas days” “Even though I’ve done some scary things for medical school—such as slicing a cadaver’s brain—I still find it scarier to stand in front of people who are alive and capable of judging you. That’s another reason I joined—to help me overcome my fear of large audiences” “Even when I was a child, I joined some beauty contests and won. Naging stepping stone ko yung mga yon dito. Parents and friends have also been convincing me so here I am!”

What makes you stand out from the rest? “I see this as a once-in-a-lifetime experience” “I am unique and God-fearing. But there is always so much more to all of us. I have certain qualities that are not easily seen but really help me stand out.”

6 comments:

  1. I garner attention, take care of the people I love, and I believe in the best and that can happen to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my original place and I really proud that I am samarnon!!! For me, Samar is a one place here in the Philippines that you can proud off and you can appreciate specially the beauty of environment and the hospitality of people who live their.. god bless and more blessings mga SAMARNON**

    ReplyDelete
  3. peace samar, nice place to stay.. tankilikin ang sariling aton..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raymond Esteria ( STI COLLEGE MUĂ‘OZ EDSA)September 3, 2009 at 3:25 PM

    liwas nga patron san catarman. hehehe uswag nortehanon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..hello to ul samarnon..i luv samarnon thou i'm not purely a waray..i will ulways cherished the ppol thier,..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so much proud of my native land samar! Don'y you ever know I studied at University of Eastern Philippines way back 2003. I remembered when I had my teaching there at the ULHS and I am one of the student teachers tackled so much hardwork only to pass the requirements on the said school. Anyway, my point here is at least I met the miss northern samar who fought for Binibining Pilipinas 2008. I'm Proud of Her 'cuz we were recodnized not only for Beauty sceneries, but also Different people who have talents originated from Samar especially in my Town Catarman, Northern Samar.I'm a former Student of the College of Education back in 2003.Proud being who I am now. Andie.

    ReplyDelete